Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

GLASS TARGA TOP ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 02:37 PM
CRAIG M REED
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GLASS TARGA TOP ???

has anyone ever found a glass targa top to replace the stock targa tops???
If so, where?
Thanx
Craig
Old 02-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

"Glass" as in "fiberglass" or "plexiglass"? I remember seeing an old-school American car from the 50's - can't recall the make - which had the entire front portion of the roof made of plexiglass! Pretty damn cool, but I bet you'd bake in the summer!
Old 02-12-2002, 04:04 PM
pbs911
Instructor

Saratogo Tops manufactured plexiglass tops for Targa years ago. They are no longer produced and cost a fortune if you can find one. I hear they do not use the OEM parts and no replacement parts, i.e. seals, are no longer available. I thought it would go well on my Targa so I was bidding on one on ebay. During the last 30 seconds I backed out. The final bid was over $900. A little rich for a top IMHO.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:21 PM
s2per
AutoX

Wink

That 50's car you were thinking of was a 1954 Ford Crestline Skyliner and it's Mercury cousin, the Monterey Sun Valley. The whole front half of the roof over the dfront seat area was green-teint Plexiglas. In those early non a/c days, you must have baked!
Old 02-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Yup - it was a skyliner. It was at one of the cheesy used car lots here in Sacramento for a long time, can't remember how much, but it was under $5k. I was tempted to buy it, but hemmed and hawed too long. I actually sat in it, it was pretty cool inside, but in our summers, you would be broiled alive!

[quote]Originally posted by s2per:
<strong>That 50's car you were thinking of was a 1954 Ford Crestline Skyliner and it's Mercury cousin, the Monterey Sun Valley. The whole front half of the roof over the dfront seat area was green-teint Plexiglas. In those early non a/c days, you must have baked!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Quick Reply: GLASS TARGA TOP ???