Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Length of door swing on 1978 sc targa

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
betilfan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Length of door swing on 1978 sc targa

Can someone (the iceman maybe?) measure the distance the doors should open? I'm replacing the stops due to a little squeak and sag and I want to make sure I get everything lined up properly. I think I've got a bit too much swing on both doors right now. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

no probs.

the door stops should limit it .. did you get the door stops and re- enforcing plates from Pelican ?

Tell what points you want me to measure and I iwll do it .. in the meantime I did your project and posted it here on RL . I iwll see if I can find it .

OMG I have over like 8,000 posts .. might take me a while to find ...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
betilfan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually didn't even think about ordering the reinforcing plates. I'll get on the horn right now. Thanks.

As far as what points to measure, I'd say the easiest bet would be from outside to outside on the door latch assembly. Work for you?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:01 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh man...the roll pin in the door stops are a pita!!! I want to hire a guy to insult the engineer who designed those things.

Edit: I removed the factory door stop pin because it doesn't fit correctly in my '84 door hinge post. I used a roll pin that I bought at OSH, and modified by making it narrower. The factory door pin allows the door stop to "pop" each time the door is opened. If you are experincing this "pop" place your fingers on the door stop pin while opening the door. You may find that your pin is the problem.

Last edited by rusnak; 10-26-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Length of door swing on 1978 sc targa