Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Changing fog lamp bulbs on a 81 SC...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 10:01 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Changing fog lamp bulbs on a 81 SC...?

...need some help, please. Have to replace a fog lamp bulb on an 81 SC. After removing the lens, and then removing the wire spring clip which holds the bulb in place in the reflector housing, there are 2 remaining wires. One appears to be a ground wire, and it easily pulls off from the reflector housing holding the bulb; the OTHER wire, however, is connected to the bulb with a smaller "housing"- a stainless fixture around the bulb - and I can't figure out how this wire disconnects from the bulb. Anyone suggest how this wire disconnects? And any suggestions as to the best place to obtain a replacement bulb? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2002, 11:40 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bulb is an H-3. the other wire you are talking about is part of the bulb. so it does not come off. when you buy a new bulb it will come with the wire on it. you can get that bulb at any car audio store or parts shop. it goes for about 10 to 15 dollars and is very easy to put on. it is a very common bulb that comes on most aftermarket fog lites. if you have any other 12v questions dont hesitate to e-mail me i own a high end car audio store.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:16 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JBrown,

...ahhhhh..so it does!! *G* Mde the swap very easily and quickly. Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply: Changing fog lamp bulbs on a 81 SC...?