Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cruise Control Module Removal - '88 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise Control Module Removal - '88 3.2

Getting ready to remove the existing Blaupunkt Reno radio with a Blaupunk Dearborn with a built in iPod jack that I got from SW Stereo. I see that there is a small silver box screwed to the bottom of the radio. Looking to give me some working room / visibility by removing this during radio install.

Through the part number this looks to be the "Tempostat cruise control" box. Did some searches and looked in the Bentley and this unit usually looks like it is installed in luggage compartment....

My questions are does this Tempostat cruise control unit just unplug? Any thing other than disconnecting the battery in advance of this electrical work?Needs to be reset?

Like most of my Porsche car projects this one looks like it is getting larger and haven't even started, remove the passenger seat (I'm 6'2'' and now see that I can't really work on the radio connections with seat in), remove the Tempostat cruise control box and then do all of the rewiring (from what I can see the connectors to the Reno, speakers and power looks different than the Dearborn connectors.

Was going to do this project tonight but now looks like I'll push it to the weekend and have several beers... it is Oktoberfest

Thanks in advance for replys on the cruise control box
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
rgrimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They started out in the trunk with the early Carerra's (my 84's in the trunk) and then moved inside. Don't exactly know when, but it was in the car in by 87.

Considering the number of cars that have non-functioning brains, there's no harm from disconnecting it that I know of. I've switched mine out a few times (original died, put in a used replacement, it died, had the original rebuilt) and even had it out completely for a while.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Is that Octoberfest Pacific time ? Our Octonberfest here in New Berlin Just wrapped up ..... lots of cops looking for drinkers ..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

No that would be Oktoberfest Mountain time...

Great beers released in October. If you like seasonal beer, try Flying Dog Brewery's Dogtoberfest... great German style beer.

http://www.flyingdogales.com/Beer-Dogtober.aspx

Hard to find but good
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Rodger, does look like a simple unplug. Thanks !

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Module Removal - '88 3.2