Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911L owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 09:25 PM
mike sova
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 911L owners

I need help. Project 911L roller chassis was purchased with plans to retrofit 67 911/weber engine from my other car. Fuel system and engine electrics dont jive. Certificate of authenticity from Porsche confirm 911L i.d. as to carbed engine ,but this vehicle has what appears to be factory fuel system from a later F.I. car with firewall mounted filter and two fuel lines. CD ignition is also firewall mounted.All chassis #'s are unaltered and appear original. Is this a bastard or normal. Engine bay/firewall arrangement with fuel filter/CD remind me of a 911E I once owned.If there is anyone out there who can offer insight or even a photo of a true 911L engine bay. Please contact me. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:33 PM
ValveFloat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just came accross your post while searching for Weber info.
Unfortunately my L is not stock so I can't really help. My car had a Holley fuel pump mounted in the engine compartment with an inline filter when I bought it. It has Allison/Crane ignition that was on it when I bought it. My car did have a CD box mounted in the engine compartment although it was not being used. It was mounted to the driver's side panel in about the same location it is mounted on later cars. I think the "Original 911" book has a picture of an L engine compartment.

Wish I could be of more help.

Joe
68 911L

Quick Reply: 911L owners