Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

oil pressure switch and o-ring...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Wow, that is interesting... Removing those heat exchangers is the only thing I really don't want to attempt in this car based on the broken stud horror stories... That would be a very dicey one to have to fix.

The ones on my engine are still originals and it looks like there is small leak coming from one of the easy-to-access ones, but like mentioned earlier, it might look better to do them all. However, My hands are relatively large. The fingers are not too thick, but they are long.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

yeah I have same issue ... HE is high risk .. but i think when I do my cam tower gaskets i am going to do the base gaskets and oil return tubes at the same time.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is perhaps off topic, but this past summer I drove the 911 to a nearby town, at high speed and in high heat. When I got back, the left side cam tower 0-ring underneath the cam sproket was leaking oil. A good amount of oil. I didn't stop driving the car, but I figured on a cam tower gasket replacement. About a week later of driving the car in high heat the leak stopped. In fact, if I took a picture today the engine would be bone dry, with a seeping type of leak on one of the rear flexible oil lines. I just thought I'd throw this out there. The car always leaks less after regular, frequent driving than when I drive it infrequently at irregular intervals.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

that gasket on mine on both sides has leaked since I got the car .. not huge amounts but enought to make a mess. Doing that gasket meand retiming cams so I figure that is the time to do the base gaskets too since I think they are leaking also ..
Old 04-01-2012, 03:47 AM
fast_eddie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A big bump.

Can someone please re-post the necessary pictures? They seem to of disapeared.

Quick Reply: oil pressure switch and o-ring...