Lindsey Racing vs. HRE

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Fassi I
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lindsey Racing vs. HRE

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy 3pc 17" Fuchs for a Carrera and I'm trying to decide between the Linsey type based on 16" Fuchs centers and the most expensive HRE version. They would be used primarily for "spirited" street use and possible some DE and autocross events later on. It would seem to me that the HRE wheels probably look better since the centers are probably larger and therefore more proportionate with the larger diameter. I'm not certain, but I think the Linsey type centers must look a little small if only the outer rim size is increased--although they do look pretty good on their site. Does anyone have any experience with either product and which would you recommend both in terms of looks and performace? Right now I am considering a set of 17x8,10s.

Incidently, I am currently running a near perfect set of original Fuchs 16x7,9 with polished spokes and black recesses done by Al Reed which I will probably be selling once I decide on the new set.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2002, 12:00 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Everybody -- including HRE -- uses 6x16's for centers. Fuchs never made a 17-inch wheel.

I currently have 8x10x17 and 8x9x17 2-piece wheels (polished rims, paddles, painted insets) made by Lindsey, also using 6x16 centers. 2-piece wheels cost less than 3 piece, and don't have the goofy ring of bolts around the edges. I've run my 2-piece wheels for very many track days without any issues.

I'm about to have a set of 9x11x17 wheels made by them, and will be selling the 8x10x17 set. If you're interested, shoot me an email at jackolsen@attbi.com
Old 12-21-2002, 06:10 AM
mmarsh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by JackOlsen:
<strong>2-piece wheels cost less than 3 piece, and don't have the goofy ring of bolts around the edges.
I'm about to have a set of 9x11x17 wheels made by them, and will be selling the 8x10x17 set. If you're interested, shoot me an email at
jackolsen@attbi.com</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jack is right, the 2 piece wheels dont have the goofy ring of bolts around the edges, they have a goofy 3/4 inch empty space around the edges instead. One advantage of the three piece wheels which may not apply to you is the ability to change them. if you should happen to bend a rim or decide to switch to another size (for example 9x11x17) all you have to do is change out the rim halfs. The 3 piece rims are more expensive though, but the prices will vary depending on who your buying them from and what rim halves are used.

Either the 2 piece or the 3 piece from lindsey are good wheels. Really just depends on how much you want to spend and what style you like.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing vs. HRE