Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A little maintenance, a little fun...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 11:06 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts
Default A little maintenance, a little fun...

I put a new set of rear pads in and greased my rear bushings this afternoon as part of some prep for the track in a couple of weeks.

I went out to bed them in and remembered my Dynolicious app on my new IPhone. A bunch of guys on Pelican were playing with this last year and it got some pretty good reviews. I did a quick run thru first and into second to try it. I had the phone between my legs to hold it steady, which may've effected things, I know it made it harder to shift, but it is in the neighborhood. I'd plugged in 15% drivetrain loss, and it spit back 238 HP for this little jaunt. I'd dyno'd 207 at the wheels about 3 years ago, which calcs out to 243 using the same loss multiplier. I'm hoping my cams give me a couple of ponies?

I'm intrigued now. I'm going to mount the phone securely and give it a go early one morning. It was kinda tough trying to pull off this and my bedding process at 4:00 in the afternoon in a populated area in SoCal.

Here's the graph, and you also get a page with speeds to various times, G's, 1/8 mile, etc.
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2009 | 11:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

Do you have to plug the cars weight in for this Ed ? i would think you almost have to , if so what are you weighing in at .. ?
Old 08-26-2009 | 11:32 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Yes, you fill in the weight during the setup. You can save several profiles. I used 2650 + 200 (moi) which is what my car weighed for corner balancing recently.
Old 08-26-2009 | 11:35 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I need to work on my reaction time too!
Old 08-27-2009 | 02:59 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm so going to visit you again....
Old 08-27-2009 | 06:19 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that seems a nifty gadget to have

Re: corner weighting, what is actually involved in performing that succesfully? For instance one of my planned mods is to swap out the crazy heavy stock battery for a lightweight Oddssey or similar, so presumedly that means i would be lightening the front nearside corner considerably. How would you counter balance something like that? No doubt Porsche in their cleverness spaced the front and rear around reasonably equally in weight distribution?..ie space saver one side, battery the other etc.

Quick Reply: A little maintenance, a little fun...