83 SC Coupe value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:15 PM
bcolins
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 83 SC Coupe value?

To the collective intelligencia!!!

I am going to be selling my 83 SC soon and would like to get an idea what to ask.

I had it painted about a year ago because the clear coat was beginning to lift. Original Burgundy Metallic (Rubinrotmetallic) I would say that the paint work is near show quality. This quy paints vintage corvettes etc for a living and knows how to paint. All the trim and various appendages like bumpers were removed, including the sunroof, hood and decklid. New rubbers were used as needed when everything was reinstalled. Excellent Beige leather interior, near new black w/red "porsche" logo mats front and rear. Air conditioning blows cold. Dry motor, not a drop of oil on the garage floor ever. Newish rear tires. 125K, Dash is beginning to crack.

Its A very nice car that needs only a dash coverlay or new dash to be awesome.

Any input on what she's worth?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2002, 10:07 PM
nostatic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on a lot of things. Paint job can be a plus or a minus. Given your description, if the car has all records, updates, and is in very good condition, you're looking at somewhere in the low teens...maybe mid teens if you find the right buyer. Depends on how quickly you want to sell. Cracked dash and over 100K miles are working against you. If you don't have records, that is another strike against you. The reality is you likely won't see too much of the money you put into the paint job come back out in the price. One good data point during the last year of shopping was a '78 SC w/150K miles but it was an *immaculate* 2 owner car with 6K just spent on engine work. It took over 2 months for the car to sell, and it eventually went for $12K.

Quick Reply: 83 SC Coupe value?