Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

oil temp

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pav mentioned that he saw regular temps halfway between 9'oclock and the top mark. I thought that was too hot for regular excursions. If you leave the motor running while in the Burger King drive thru while running the AC, then you'll get 240F, but while on the highway at speed, that would be probably too hot.

Another tip: adjust your heater blower lever contacts so that the blower turns on before the flapper boxes close. That will allow you to use the heater blower to blow hot air out of the heat exchangers. This will lower your temps by about 15F or so. You will wear out the blower a lot faster, but the cheaper blower is available and I think it's worth it.

I run a manually operated switch to my factory oil cooler fan. As I mentioned, we regularly get 105-110F summer ambient temperature. It's rare for me to see 220F, and 240F is the absolute max in stop and go traffic.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

Got the oil cooler scoop and 99C theromostat installed and the AC recharged. It was 88F out today and I got 29F out of the vent on max cold and about 70% fan (I have a variable fan from Griffith's). Interior temp was 68F...nice and chilly. Oil temps maxed out at 105C (9 o'clock) and came down quickly once steady driving speed reached via the scoop. I don't think my 99C thermostat is working because the fan never came on even when I got the car hot by running the AC in the driveway with 3000 rpm and oil temp at about 110C. Need to make sure the ground was installed correctly. Anyway, very happy with the results.

Quick Reply: oil temp