Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

need your advice.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

One other thing not mentioned here.....just because a Porsche dealer did the alignment, doesn't mean it is right. The experience and knowledge of older 911's at the dealer level is getting less and less.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
997for40
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to the shop and looked at the damage...it's the strut bar bar bent not the torsion bar..the person giving me the info on the phone is just an office staff not the mechanic and when I mentioned how come the tech didn't noticed the stress cracks on the strut towers when he removed the left strut bolt, he said he didn't notice it.
I'm still trying to be positive about the whole situation and waiting on AAA to pressurethe shop to fix the problem. Obviously the shop didn't install/damaged parts when they put the suspesion back and not owning up to the mistake, claiming it's pre- existing. I might have a potential lawsuit on muy hand that I hope I don't have to go through. It just bugs me that a simple incident with a thread on the freeway will end up like this.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:31 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have them recheck the caster on the car. It might be within spec on each side but it might be off enough in different directions to have it pull. Lowering it to factory spec euro heights giving it any issues is BS. It was designed to be at euro height. It's unnatural actually to have it raised to US heights. Something's obviously changed since they "fixed" the car. Incidently, I agree with a previous poster that said just because the dealer is doing it they know what they're doing on these older air/oil-cooled cars. Unless they got a mechanic in the shop that's been there like 30 years most of the current crop of mechanics haven't touched anything without water cooling.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:11 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do you mean by "bent strut bar"? You mean the strut itself is bent? How can they re-install a bent strut? This whole dang situation is so messed up, you need to get it out of that shop, get a second shop to start over. Your money on the first shop is probably gone unless you take them to Small Claims. More reason to get a second shop involved.

Quick Reply: need your advice.......