Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

She came home yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. What a cool car. If I may ask where is that car from?. I knew a car so similar that its scary. I mean the before shot.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

North Carolina/ South Carolina then NJ

Last edited by Minoclan; 07-10-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Well I have to admit I liked the before pic too. I would have gone with the Larger wheels from the after pic and take the US flag sticker off.
Like this
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Wow - same car. I know that car inside-out. Everything was done very well. The shop I worked at had the car for some time - Rennsport Charleston. IIRC we did the 915, oil cooler, front/rear spoiler, and tiddyed up the 3.2 conversion that was done by Larry Sheldrick in Asheville. When the car came to Charleston it had a bunch of stereo stuff in the trunk, Brake conversion(Baer or Wilwood) but over all was in superb original condition including older Recarro seats that apear to still be in the car. From there the car went to Columbia SC to a fellow named Andy (I will be vague for privacy). Everyone involved with the car in SC was very conscientious.
I am glad to see the car in good hands.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whalebird
Wow - same car. I know that car inside-out. Everything was done very well. The shop I worked at had the car for some time - Rennsport Charleston. IIRC we did the 915, oil cooler, front/rear spoiler, and tiddyed up the 3.2 conversion that was done by Larry Sheldrick in Asheville. When the car came to Charleston it had a bunch of stereo stuff in the trunk, Brake conversion(Baer or Wilwood) but over all was in superb original condition including older Recarro seats that apear to still be in the car. From there the car went to Columbia SC to a fellow named Andy (I will be vague for privacy). Everyone involved with the car in SC was very conscientious.
I am glad to see the car in good hands.
Yup same car.
The trunk has been completely cleaned up. Alarms, stereo, etc. Also all of the rust was taken out of the car and what had to be replaced was done correctly. The Bremteks were taken out of the car after I saw it BUT before I paid for it (not cool). I have since done some more suspension work, done the Boxster brake conversion, installed a roll bar, and put Kirkeys in the car (with G force harnesses). Those are 951 16" wheels. I took the air out and stored it. The car now weighs 2384 lbs. With a new Steve Wong chip and a new M&K 2-in/ 2-out sport exhaust, it screams. I think that this car is in good hands and will be well taken care of.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Yup - bremtek thats what I was trying to say. I remember that being such a nice original car with otherwise well done upgrades. Stan at Rennsport does outstanding work and is very personal and proprietary about his projects. In addition he has a special love of early 911s and has a spectacular '70 model with 911SC updated chassis/engine as well that gets lots of track time.
It does me a lot of good to see our "children" out in the world being enjoyed.
Good luck and more pics!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whalebird
Yup - bremtek thats what I was trying to say. I remember that being such a nice original car with otherwise well done upgrades. Stan at Rennsport does outstanding work and is very personal and proprietary about his projects. In addition he has a special love of early 911s and has a spectacular '70 model with 911SC updated chassis/engine as well that gets lots of track time.
It does me a lot of good to see our "children" out in the world being enjoyed.
Good luck and more pics!!!
Make sure that Stan sees her now. I will post more pictures shortly.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

When we went to put the new Steve wong chip in the car, there was a label on the DME that said "Frankenstein II" it had an Authority Chip in it. Since you worked on the car, do you know what it means?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 PM
whalebird
Race Car

I don't recall directly, but we Knew an Autothority chip had been installed by the previous owner. A guy we will call Charlie purchased the car and brought it to us that way if I remember correctly. Did you buy any chance see the '76 Turbo that Andy had. Assuming you picked up the car in person?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

No I bought it from a dealer here in NJ after it was traded in. The guy here in NJ was the one who brought it up from NC
Old 07-11-2009, 11:06 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Well, I feel better that the brakes being misrepresented was not done by the owners that I knew to be scrupulous in every way. I suspect the chip/exhaust set up you install will give astounding quality to Frankenstein. Those pipes coming out the back will be a suddle clue to the wolf within.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,102 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by Minoclan
Like this
wow minus the orange of course but that looks sharp.

Quick Reply: She came home yesterday