Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Momo Mod 08 picture for reference

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Momo Mod 08 picture for reference

For those that are interested in how various steering wheels look in a 911, this is one that I had not seen pictured in a 911 before, the Momo Mod 08.

Basically, I believe this wheel is similar in design to the Mod 07 (which looks more like a Prototipo with lots of dish). I wanted a wheel with lots of dish (or a regular wheel with a big spacer) as I wanted considerably more room for my legs under the wheel. I could only find the Mod 07 in suede, which I did not want, but I found the Mod 08 available in leather as well as suede (I believe the 07 was available this way once too, but I was unable to find it now…)

Anyway, my car is laid up while I do a suspension pan replacement, so I have not driven with the new wheel yet, but sitting behind it, it certainly is more comfortable for me. It is a 350 mm wheel and the top edge of the tach is obscured from my driving position and anything after 60 mph on the speedo? Well, forget it! Other than that, I really like it.

One other aspect that I liked when I unpacked the wheel was the thickness and contour of the parts that connect the rim and spokes – very comfortable for hooking one’s thumb over.
Attached Images   

Last edited by 500; 06-16-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:09 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY NICE! I like the deep dish. It's really helpful in spirited driving/driving on the track. You're gonna appreciate it. And it's a nice look on these classic cars.

I like the 350mm. Without power steering, it makes negotiating parking lots a little tougher, but the car handles better for me at speed and on the track. Mine doesn't block the tach/speedo but I'm short so that helps.

In the spirit of the thread, here's what my Sparco 345 looks like... nearly the same wheel but with solid spokes.
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Wow, that Sparco wheel really is similar! Thank you for the feedback, I am looking forward to the driving experience with it. My clutch leg now does not have to "work around" the bottom of the wheel.

Quick Reply: Momo Mod 08 picture for reference