Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Is this seller trading backwards?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Is this seller trading backwards?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1210054229.html

1984 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet - Want To Trade for a Porsche Boxster - $16500 (Youngsville)

A True Classic! 1984 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet. In fantastic original condition. 108k original miles, 5-speed, black on black leather, new CD/stereo system, extra wide Porsche wheels. This is a collector's ride that you don't often encounter on the road - a head-turner. Lots of fun to drive. Super powerful.

I am most interested in trading for a Porsche Boxster with average miles for year. Please drop me a note if you would like additional pictures or have any questions. I have clear NC title in hand.

I'd prefer this Carrera over the Boxster.

My friend is thinking about unloading his Boxster after getting hit with a $4,000 repair bill last year(clutch, RMS and brakes) and another $2,000 last week for an Alternator that spiked and damaged some electronic components.

Now he is starting to hear the "death rattle"

John
Old 06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
aggravation
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the Boxster will be for his wife and it will open the door to his getting a brand new Ferrari or something...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aggravation
Maybe the Boxster will be for his wife and it will open the door to his getting a brand new Ferrari or something...
Again, trading backwards. He already has the best. What the heck would he want with a Ferrari?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

What's a Ferrari ?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I emailed him to get some more info and the car.

It was handed down by his father and sat in the garage most of the time fas the last couple of years. Clutch was replaced 40k miles ago and does not burn oil and paint/top is in decent shape. His father had the local Porsche shop keep the maintenance up to date and is looking for a Boxster as a daily driver.

Doesn't know much about Porsche's and I might give him a hand with the oil change that is due.

Maybe I can try to convince him to keep it and just pick up a beater Honda as a DD that can be a few grand. My brother just picked up a 1980 VW Cabriolet with on 20,000 miles for $1,400, car looks like new.

John

Quick Reply: Is this seller trading backwards?