Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Zenith rebuild questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
ddubois
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zenith rebuild questions

I'm just finishing up rebuidling my Zenith 40 TINs from a stock 71 911T I just purchased (story here), and I have a few questions.

1.) Should I even bother reconnecting this whole air enrichment circuit? The solenoid was not connected when I received the car and does not appear to be operational. As well, the brass vacuum tubes were plugged with deposits and the metal diaphragm plates are broken. My understanding is that this circuit was mainly a US smog contraption which is not an issue for me as no smog test to pass. I'm thinking I just cap all the vacuum ports.

2.) This device appears to be a cold start/run device to inject fuel into the air intake. Again, this was not electrically connected when I received the car. I won't be driving the car in cold weather so I'm thinking I take it out and simply go straight from the fuel filter to the fuel bar, or will this affect regular performance?

3.) There is a switch under the left carburetor throttle cam. When I received the car the bracket was bent such that the switch plunger would not contact the cam, and therefore be non-functional. Do I need this? Also, the Haynes 911 manual does not describe this device, but it does talk about a microswitch in the aforementioned air enrichment circuit (not the solenoid). Is this the microswitch the manual is referring to?

Thanks,

Last edited by ddubois; 06-01-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Zenith rebuild questions