Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seats, harnesses, pedal blocks, steering wheel - DONE! (until I change it)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seats, harnesses, pedal blocks, steering wheel - DONE! (until I change it)

The seats, harnesses, subbelts, pedal blocks, and steering wheel are in! It only took 3 months for me to complete the installation but it proved worth it when I got to MidOhio and tested it out on the track.

I felt good about the stock seats and belt, but now I realize how much they allowed me to move around and the demands they made on my body as I fought to brace myself. I used to feel fatigue and motion sickness after about 20 minutes on the track... no more.

Anyone thinking of doing it... go for it. And if anyone wants any details of my experience, I'd be glad to share them.
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Looks excellent Shannon. Which Sparco wheel is that? I'm thinking about something like that to get the wheel a bit closer.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Subbelt installation
Attached Images   
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Looks excellent Shannon. Which Sparco wheel is that? I'm thinking about something like that to get the wheel a bit closer.
Thank you.

It's a Sparco 345 (350mm diameter, 63mm dish). I also needed the wheel closer. But I didn't want to go all the way up to the super deep 90mm that some have. I just didn't like the look of that and there's no moving it away if it's too deep. I figured with a moderate dish like this, I could always add a 1" spacer if needed. And it leaves room for a quick release later.

Got the wheel from OG Racing (who I HIGHLY RECOMMEND). Can't say enough about Steve Wu there. He got me the right hub OVERNIGHT so I could have it for the DE. Incredible. (it's a Momo hub).

The Sparco is a little more expensive than the comparable Momo wheels, but it was worth the difference to me to get the solid spokes. I prefer the look over the slotted and swiss cheese spokes of the other wheels. This looks more stock/modern to me.

Here's another pic to give you a feel for the depth of the dish. Sparco makes the 325 with 90mm if you want more.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

some better pics of the wheel (here I was playing around with a 2" spacer which I promptly removed).
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Seats, harnesses, pedal blocks, steering wheel - DONE! (until I change it)