Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche focus on China market

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche focus on China market

Daimler, Porsche CEOs Head to Shanghai as China Sales Near U.S.
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Bret Okeson

April 17 (Bloomberg) -- Daimler AG will skip this year’s Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan Motor Co. passed on Frankfurt, Europe’s largest car extravaganza and Porsche SE will bypass Detroit. All will be in Shanghai.

Porsche SE Chief Executive Officer Wendelin Wiedeking will unveil the new Panamera sports sedan in Shanghai. Daimler’s Dieter Zetsche, Volkswagen AG’s Martin Winterkorn and Toyota Motor Corp.’s Katsuaki Watanabe will also be there.

“The hope for every automaker in the world is riding on China,” said Ricon Xia, an analyst at Daiwa Institute of Research (H.K.) Ltd. in Shanghai. “No matter how many difficulties they are facing, they have to be here and the Shanghai Auto Show will be the show for the year.”

A record number of automakers will attend the Shanghai Motor Show, which starts on Monday, as China threatens to usurp the U.S. as the world’s biggest auto market. General Motor Corp.’s China sales surged to a record last month, at the same time its U.S. sales plunged 45 percent.

More than 1,500 companies will attend the show, the most since it started in 1985, said **** Xia, an official with the organizer. More than 600,000 people are expected to attend the nine-day event at the Shanghai New International EXPO Centre, he said.------------- END OF BLOOMBURG REPORT---------------------------------

Used Porsches may be on their way to China rather Europe. The suspected shift from T Bills to copper was verified yesterday. China is indeed selling its US Treasury Bill and buying copper with a look at the demand in the elec cars as well as other needs.

I guess the smart money-China- says sell T Bills and buy Porsche or copper.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search on China...every month "China is going to take over the demands of the US car demands". They have been saying it for years....I suggest take a trip to China...IT IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. Few rich ,massive poor. Remember those chinese make only a few dollars a day....how are they going to afford Porsches? Let them keep dreaming...there is no substitute on a massive scale for the US consumer. Oh, sure they make come out with some cheapo car for the masses that pollutes as hell...but they will not make the $$$ profits to offset US/Euro losses.
IMHO
abe
abe
Old 04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
aggravation
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

China needs the second coming of what made up the original Volkswagen Beetle...a super cheap peoples car and it's more likely to come from eastern Europe than a cultural enemy like Japan or any western European or American source.
I suppose Porsche could be the one to make it but I don't see a demand for old or new 911's being shipped in there.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by aggravation
China needs the second coming of what made up the original Volkswagen Beetle...a super cheap peoples car and it's more likely to come from eastern Europe than a cultural enemy like Japan or any western European or American source.
I suppose Porsche could be the one to make it but I don't see a demand for old or new 911's being shipped in there.
I think the Tata will be shipped from India.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_177935.html

Not much safer then a Moped.

John
Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe there is finally a market for that famous car...the YUGO.
abe

Quick Reply: Porsche focus on China market