Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New Battery and codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:36 PM
schliemann
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery and codes

My battery died over the winter in my '06 Carrera 4. Have gotten a new one but before I put it in I have a question. I have heard rumors that there are a number of codes that might need to be reset after I do this, i.e. radio, key remote, etc. Is this true?

Also discovered that I have to drive it 50 miles or so to allow the computer to register enough performance criteria so that I can have it inspected (it's overdue, yikes). Driving a porsche with an outdated inspection sticker isn't my idea of fun, but what can you do?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

Hey Schliemann and welcome to rennlist

The forum you are looking for is in the water cooled section I am not sure if your model is a 996 or 997 as this is an old school forum but they will be able to help you there.

BTW you will probably have to reset your radio code. Take a look on your options sticker under the hood . The radio code may be written there as this is a ol mechanics trick. IF your car has been serviced it will be there. IF your code is Not there and not in your owners manual any Porsche dealer should be able to help you . They usually want to see your ownership . With my Audi I just took it to him along with my ownership and he gave me the code.
As far as inspection goes depends on the tech . Many of them don't bother with this. If you like you can just drive it until you get the 50 miles in and keep a copy of your battery receipt and inspection appt. in case you get pulled

good luack and again welcome aboard .. PS .. the guys in your forum are gonna demand pics ... kind of a right of passage ( your car .. not you )
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
GMS
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'03 and onwards don't have radio codes.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

then your laughing !!!

Quick Reply: New Battery and codes