1981 SC Price Quote

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Fantor
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 SC Price Quote

HI Guys:

Can you give me an average price quote on the following 1981 SC.? I have no pics of the car since the seller doesn't have any, but I’ll try to describe the car as best as possible.

Body: Some rust and bubbling around the corners. Major bondo cracking around the passenger rear flair. Paint peal on roof. Rear bumper pads cracked. Some rust/rot around rubber on the rocker panels. Under body looks ok.

Engine: At start up some minor smoke but clears up within a few secs. Idles fine. NO AC, not good for the south..:-(

Interior: Cloth seats. Other wise ok for the year.

Misc: Turbo Wing. Seller says 125,000 Miles on car.

Color: Dark Blue in/out.

The seller wants $8000.00 obo. I think this is really high for the condition of the car. What do you guys think???

Thank You: Fantor
Old 03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

From the description I wouldn't even bother wasting my time looking at it.

Maybe 3-4k tops.

John
Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
jpyles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run away

Price ranges for an SC are anywhere from 3K for a wrecked/parts car to 20K+ for a perfect example. The prices are determined by three things: Condition, condition and condition. Mileage is not even as important as condition, since a documented, well-cared for car with 150K is probably worth more than a 90K unloved car. From your description, this car's condition is not good.

At 8K, you will most likely end up putting more $$$ into this car than it is worth. There are SC's that a just a few thousands more with good paintwork, maintenance history and no stories.

Quick Reply: 1981 SC Price Quote