Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Selling my 88 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:58 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

MDL, That is a beautiful and well-loved 911. Have you posted in Pelican? Excellence magazine allows one free classified advertisement per year to subscribers (at least they used to). Maybe Pano?

I want to respond to Jpyles, but don't want to hijack. Let me know if you object, and I'll delete my post ok?

JPyles, I have 245/45s. I'll post a pic to show you the fender clearance. The issue is more what happens in the front if you put 205s on 7" wheels. You can have fender rubbing. I recently discovered that my RSR struts didn't have the rubber snubbers in the strut. I put them in, and no more rubbing, but the car sits about 1/2" higher in front. Don't know if I will go back to tire rubbing.

Last edited by rusnak; 03-05-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2009 | 09:05 AM
MDL
Racer

rusnak, thanks for bringing the tire issue back up. Sorry i didn't respond to jpyle's question yesterday. Sometime work gets in the way and I forget. My tire combo on this car does not rub even thought the car is set just below euro ride height. The P/O rolled the inside of the fender lip

I have not listed it yet on Pelican or Panorama, I'll probably get around to it today. I did put it craigslist and vehix.

German Car, p/m me in July when your here. Ir's really amazing you saw my car!!!
Old 03-14-2009 | 10:21 AM
Germancar90
Instructor

Originally Posted by MDL
rusnak, thanks for bringing the tire issue back up. Sorry i didn't respond to jpyle's question yesterday. Sometime work gets in the way and I forget. My tire combo on this car does not rub even thought the car is set just below euro ride height. The P/O rolled the inside of the fender lip

I have not listed it yet on Pelican or Panorama, I'll probably get around to it today. I did put it craigslist and vehix.

German Car, p/m me in July when your here. Ir's really amazing you saw my car!!!
Will do hopefully by then you decide to keep it haha. I got chills when i heard your car go by. Being up in Rhode Island i haven't driven my car in 4 months due to our nasty winter i was jealous.
Old 06-08-2009 | 05:19 PM
MDL
Racer

Bump
Old 06-10-2009 | 04:16 AM
rjwz28
AutoX

Very nice car. Looks like you have a 69 Hugger Orange Z/28 too. I had a matching numbers RS Z/28 302 and did a total frame off resto on it in my garage. I had to sell it 4 years ago as my daughter was going to college. It is worth a fortune now. Now I'm looking for a 911.

Rob

Quick Reply: Selling my 88 911