Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sunroof headliner blocks sunroof movement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:40 PM
George993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof headliner blocks sunroof movement?

Hi, after replacing the sunroof seals and headliner under the sunroof in my 1983 SC I've put everything back together, the sunroof moves/works correctly, but when I try to pull forward the headliner panel to latch it on the front of the sunroof, it does not go through.

(the headliner panel was first inserted into the metal sliders and pushed back before the sunroof was installed). Where did I mess up? As you can see on the photo, the front sliding bracket of the sunroof blocks half of the metal groove in which the headliner panel slides. So the headliner can not be pushed forward beyond that bracker - or should I just force push it? But will the sunroof be able to move with such hard-wedged headliner? Thanks for any advice
Now looking closer at the picture there seems to be some filler below the rail inside the sliding bracket - should it be *above* the rail?
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So did you ever figure out the problem? I just recently reinstalled my sunroof and have the same problem - the headliner piece is binding somewhere and won't slide forward and back easily.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,
I just went through this several weeks ago. The same problem...couldn't slide the headliner forward. I ended up taking one of the rails off and repositioning the headliner part and screwing the rail back on. After that it slid freely to the front.

Quick Reply: Sunroof headliner blocks sunroof movement?