Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

need info on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need info on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts

I'm installing my Schroth 6pt sub belts. I have the T-bar style on a Profi harness.

I'm trying to figure out where the buckles should go? (i.e. the buckles that are used to adjust belt tension, not the snap-on brackets that hook to eyebolts).

To locate the buckles above the seat cushion, they have to be pulled to their tightest position. They aren't too tight but there's no adjustment left. And even then, the buckles end up on the cushion where they will eat it up. Not to mention they are against my thighs and near the genitals and seem really dangerous.

Are they supposed to go below the seat, and therefore be non-adjustable while I'm sitting in the seat?

Last edited by 911vet; 02-11-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shannon,
What a delicate subject. Nice post. The main thing you want out of your sub belt is to maintain the lap belt in position over your pelvic bones on you hip. This is important , keep you lap belts where they keep you in the harness with out cutting you in half resting on soft tissue.(they also keep you from sliding out from under the belts)
So with that it is common for the buckle part to be under the seat so when you want to adjust them you need to un-hook them off the eye bolt or take out the seat. You can get a good idea of what you want buy mockup the lap belt in the correct position and using a strap or ribbon make a test length. Remember you saftey wire if you are using eye bolts and clips. don't keep the buckle's (buy that I mean the slide's to change length) up above the seat if you think it is not what the jewels would want.

Regards
Tsheehn

Quick Reply: need info on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts