Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Boge strut interchangeability question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Boge strut interchangeability question

I recently bought a set of replacement struts for my 83 cabriolet. Mine has stock Boges right now, p/n 911 341 043 02 (on the driver's side). The replacements I bought look like they came off a Carrera (911 341 041 04). I know teh caliper spacing is still correct, but is there any other reason I could not use this strut on my car. My gut says no, but I wanted to double-check with you guys, as I will be on limited time once I get back to Rapid City to make the repairs. I guess a more specific question would be, is there any reason I cannot use this Carrrera strut on my driver's side while keeping the stock SC strut on the PAX side - both are Boges. I will eventually swap them both for the Carrera's (uh, please don't mention this to any of the guys on the 32C thread... ;-) ). I am just trying to minimize the repair time while there, but want to make sure it will not be an issue to intermingle as it is a long drive home. So far, to me, an untrained eye, it looks like the only difference might be a tab on the Carrera strut. I think someone mentioned this is for a brake sensor.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Boge strut interchangeability question