speedometer problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 01:33 AM
frp911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy speedometer problem

Hi,
I have my speedometer that has stopped turning the numbers but the needle for the speed is still working. Is there a fix, or do I have to send my speedometer in? Do I have to check cables or something? Has anyone else had the same thing?
Thanks,
Patrick
Old 06-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Patrick, if your speedometer section is still functioning properly but the odometer is NOT functioning...I would say a gauge "refurbish" or replacement is in order.

Sorry, no simple solution to that one...although replacement is easy, just pry out the old gauge with a piece of leather and a screwdriver and replace or send it in to North Hollywood Speedometer or one of the other vendors listed in Pano and Excellence.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:44 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The VDO speedometers are notorious for having their little plastic gears break. Do a search on the Pelican board. As I recall, someone there found a source for DIY gears at a fraction of what a shop would charge.

If you're not into doing it yourself, check out <a href="http://www.nhspeedometer.com" target="_blank">North Hollywood Speedometer</a>

Good luck!

Quick Reply: speedometer problem