Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 found in Dubai - your thoughts/help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
997for40
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For that much I would assume that's it's cheaper to import one from the US, $1500/- give or take for shipping. I'm sure taxes/duties are none existent over there.

How hard is it to bring cars over there?

No wonder this car broker I know just shipped to Suburbans to Kuwait, used car dealers are making a killing over. I guess they can't screw you with the price of gas but they get you either way.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
964RSphil
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997for40
For that much I would assume that's it's cheaper to import one from the US, $1500/- give or take for shipping. I'm sure taxes/duties are none existent over there.

How hard is it to bring cars over there?

No wonder this car broker I know just shipped to Suburbans to Kuwait, used car dealers are making a killing over. I guess they can't screw you with the price of gas but they get you either way.
To be honest with you I could get one from the UK cheaper as the AED is pegged to the $...the benefit is non existent in comparison to what has happened with the pound.

Its not that common for cars to be more expensive here - I just think this guy can get away with that price as the car is so clean with a great history and low mileage...50K Miles.

I will work on him though and see where it ends up - If not I will be back on the case for the 968CS
Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
997for40
Instructor

Originally Posted by 964RSphil
To be honest with you I could get one from the UK cheaper as the AED is pegged to the $...the benefit is non existent in comparison to what has happened with the pound.

Its not that common for cars to be more expensive here - I just think this guy can get away with that price as the car is so clean with a great history and low mileage...50K Miles.

I will work on him though and see where it ends up - If not I will be back on the case for the 968CS
Can you get left hand drive cars from the UK?
last time I was in the gulf region (Operation Desert Shield based in Bahrain & Qatar) steering wheel was on the left. Unless you want to drive UK style in the UAE.
Are you an expat or a local?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Scott Lenger
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Part of the culture there is haggling over price. Negotiating a discount is expected and reflected in the asking price. I'd say get a good PPI and negotiate aggressively - from a position of knowledge and strength.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 AM
964RSphil
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997for40
Can you get left hand drive cars from the UK?
last time I was in the gulf region (Operation Desert Shield based in Bahrain & Qatar) steering wheel was on the left. Unless you want to drive UK style in the UAE.
Are you an expat or a local?
Im an expat - but have lived here on and off since birth..

You can get LHD drive cars in the UK but would more than likely buy in Europe from mobile.de...I picked both my RS's and my 912 LHD in the UK for example

Sadly driving RHD in the UAE is a no go...I will not be able to get the car insured or registered so its a non starter...plus LHD is the real deal
Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 AM
964RSphil
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott Lenger
Part of the culture there is haggling over price. Negotiating a discount is expected and reflected in the asking price. I'd say get a good PPI and negotiate aggressively - from a position of knowledge and strength.
That's the plan - lets see how it goes!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Cars built in japan are RHD but sports cars imported to Japan are LHD.

Quick Reply: 3.2 found in Dubai - your thoughts/help?