Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

VroomGrrl Holiday Special 911 Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VroomGrrl Holiday Special 911 Video

Hi everybody! I spent a few hours going through video & stills on my newly restored laptop (yay for post-crash data recovery!), and ran a bunch of my car-related clips & stills thru a program called "Muvee" and out came this video.

I'm calling it "Five Months in the Life of a Grrl and Her 911." And what a five months it's been! It's got a bit of everything - including LOTS of gratuitous 911 shots, footage from races I've watched & worked, hot lap rides I've taken, teaching my nieces & nephews how to drive a stick in my 911, etc. If you've got 8 minutes to burn you might enjoy it - here ya go:

OK I can't figure out how to embed video on here, can we?

HERE it is.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are getting good at this video stuff ! That was fast paced and fun.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Daniel Dudley
You are getting good at this video stuff ! That was fast paced and fun.
Thank you! I used HP's "Muvee" and before I figured out how to tweak the settings, I just clicked "make a movie" so the video & stills were chopped up and interleaved in a totally random way. I could have spent a whole day going back and tweaking, I'm sure, but I just decided to leave it as is. I thought the fact that my "thumbs up" shot came up the closing shot was an omen of sorts that it all came out "as it should be"

Thanks for watching - glad you enjoyed it!

SHUT UP AND DRIVE = my new theme song
Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 AM
87Porsche
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Hey,

It's good to see you back online. Your new video is great! How's your car doing? Did you end up making any adjustments to your pedals? Any tips for my first trip to the track? Looking forward to your next video!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by 87Porsche
Hey,

It's good to see you back online. Your new video is great! How's your car doing? Did you end up making any adjustments to your pedals? Any tips for my first trip to the track? Looking forward to your next video!
Hi! And thanks! My car is doing FANTASTIC. The first couple of months I had it, I took it out for a nice drive once a week or so. But each time it felt like a stranger again. Then hubby's car crapped out so I passed him my DD (honda cr-v) and made the 911 my DD for a couple of weeks. That and a few longish trips (500 miles RT) to Atlanta & back and we're old friends. Sadly, she's looking a bit "lived in" these days as well. Overdue for a good clean-up!

But to answer your question, no issues whatsoever. I was kind of on pins & needles at first - I've read & heard so many horror stories! But apparently this car was really really well maintained. It's been a total trooper, no problems whatsoever. Just getting my 2nd oil change this week. I'm still in touch with the guy I bought it from - and he is still finding old spare Porsche stuff and sending it to me from time to time. Great guy.

Oh and I did mess with my pedals. My brake pedal was crazy high to the rest, and upon examination by my car guy (Chris @ Eurasian Auto in Bham), was really set too high. I had it adjusted down and now everything is PERFECT - heel-toe was totally impossible before. Now? Just right for that. I was thinking of building them all up since I'm so short & have to sit so close, but I took a good long time one day tweaking the various seat adjustments, and basically got a good set-up, then got used to it. So I'm pretty happy here.

So when is your first trip to the track? I am not exactly an expert myself, having just a one-day under my belt (well that and a couple of AX days), but when you're ready to go, I'll be happy to share what I've learned so far.

Thanks for watching the video - you know there will be more :P

Hope you're having a great holiday!
Kathy
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

howdy from a fellow Alabamian! Great video.

Quick Reply: VroomGrrl Holiday Special 911 Video