Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

For how long can I order spare parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For how long can I order spare parts?

For how long can I order spare parts by Porsche?

I got my car serviced this summer, and to be honest I was a little bit fascinated by what it was possible to order. Do Porsche make a large amount of spare parts for a current model, or do they have an ongoing production beyond the production of a model?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

It depends,.....

For some cars, 930's for example, many parts are no longer available as the inventory has depleted and Porsche has no plans to manufacture any more of them. This is occurring more and more with the air-cooled cars.

Without knowing what year & model of your car, its tough to answer your question.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there again...I have a 965 from '92.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:28 PM
genripper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get more OEM parts for my 1981 Porsche from my dealer than I can get for my 91 Audi 80. What I have noticed is prices are going up at a good clip here within the last year and more and more parts have to come from Germany. My parts guy can tell me what is in stock where, and is good about telling me if I should snap something up or if there is plenty of inventory.

Certainly consumable items will be made for Porsche on an ongoing basis by OEM sources (Bosch, Beru, etc), otherwise I don't think there is much ryhme or reason as to what's left in inventory or what they are still making.

You just have to check and see, you never know. Whenver I need anything, I check with Porsche, and then 2-3 other well known sources, and e-bay, for availability and pricning. Every part is always different.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:51 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Contact Roger Tyson at www.928srus.com he can get all of the Porsche parts you would need. Great prices too.

Quick Reply: For how long can I order spare parts?