Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Oil Pressure Gage DOA

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 10:52 PM
Paul Brewer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Oil Pressure Gage DOA

Popped the insturments out of my '82 SC to change bulbs and when I was finished discovered that the oil pressure gage was dead. Does anyone give me a troubleshooting procedure? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:50 PM
George 86T
Advanced

Paul--in all likelyhood you just popped the wire off the gauge. If it is still on then check: 1)cleanliness of connection, 2)fuse(?) or 3)continuity of the wire to the wire on the pressure sender. That is a round bulbous device somewhat bigger than a 'D' cell battery and located just to the right of the fan down on the engine. There'll be a wire connected to the top of it. Do you have a multi-meter? Check contiuity on the Ohm scale where you should get full scale deflection between the guage wire and the pressure sender wire. Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2001, 06:47 PM
Paul Brewer
Advanced

There were no wires off and no break in the wire from transducer to gage. The transducer is putting out .15V at idle, which increases with engine RPM, so that rules out the transducer. There is am ominous rattle that I can hear in the insturment can so I think the gage itself is toast. Don't know how that happened but I'm off to order a new gage. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Gage DOA