Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SCWDP badges - a new crop

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:05 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SCWDP badges - a new crop

Recently, I have recieved a lot of inquiries about purchasing SCWDP badges. Unfortunately, I only had a couple left. I had mentioned that I was looking into a new source for getting a new batch made. This was mainly due to the problems experienced with the Pelican badges.

At any rate, I finally got a quote back from the other source I had been discussing things with. Unfortunately, they are a bit higher than the other guys were. To do it through this new outfit in the UK, I would have to have an order for 50 badges. Each badge, shipped to you in the US would end up being in the $50 neighborhood. I am still researching to see if there are any other makers out there that are less costly, but so far this is what I have. I wanted to get an idea if there is still enough interest with the cost being higher than the original batch.

One more thing is that these will be slightly different in that they will not have the words Porsche 911 in the outer ring (just "Super Carrera World Domination Plot"), and the middle area where the black infill is, would be a filled enamel this time.

If you are interested, please send me an email (shane@scwdp.com) with the Subject being "SCWDP badge order".

Thanks and I will let you know if something better turns up soon. Here is a link to the old thread with the orginal badges: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=46361
Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think that with the slowdown in the auto industry, you might be able to find companies begging for your business even on a small order like this.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:43 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Yeah, you would think... I guess the fact that it is such a niche market plays into it. The cost of the mold is the biggest expense.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ate they going to be different then the ones we have now?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

For now, the thinking is to just make them the same as the orginals, except delete the Porsche 911 from the outer ring text, and make the center area black enamel infill (kind of domed if you will).

Then there is another side of me that would like to change it all up and have a new design every year or two. I guess time will tell. I am still trying to find another source to see if I cannot get the cost down to closer to what we did last time.

Shane
Old 11-03-2017, 02:26 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Default SCWDP Gear!

I wanted to update this old thread, mostly because I have SCWDP gear to sell, haha. I contracted with a reputable company to make the badges, and this is my third run of these beauties. They mount with a double-stud configuration on the rear, and mount through the grille - mine was fine even with the ac in place.

I also now have some cool SCWPD hats, and shirts. Here is the website you can order from. Now taking orders in order to ship before Christmas.

I have about 40 left from this order.

www.scwdp.net
Attached Images       
Old 11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

lol why does your model have a look of " why are you making me do this dad !!? "

I have the badge from the first batch and it is one of my most prized of Porsche memorabilia . Unfortunately because of this it gets no where near my car

damn sideways iphone
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2017, 02:11 PM
09mageec
Racer

Ok, so clearly I'm a bit too new (about 10 years too late) to know exactly what's going on here. However, owning an SC, I find this very funny. I kind of want one, but again, I was 14 when this was going on...

Basically, I don't want to pose on something I wasn't a part of at it's inception. WHAT was this SCWDP all about, hahaha?

-Cam

Last edited by 09mageec; 11-03-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I think its even before my time but who cares, its an awesome badge.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:55 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 09mageec
Ok, so clearly I'm a bit too new (about 10 years too late) to know exactly what's going on here. However, owning an SC, I find this very funny. I kind of want one, but again, I was 14 when this was going on...

Basically, I don't want to pose on something I wasn't a part of at it's inception. WHAT was this SCWDP all about, hahaha?

-Cam
sorry to just be seeing this, but Cam, the Plot is not about age... it is about attitude. If you are an SC enthusiast, you are in.

At this time, I have 40 badges left, 13 hats, and the following shirts: (3) M, (1) L, 1(XXL)

Old 11-25-2017, 07:59 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by v8_ranch
sorry to just be seeing this, but Cam, the Plot is not about age... it is about attitude. If you are an SC enthusiast, you are in.

At this time, I have 40 badges left, 13 hats, and the following shirts: (3) M, (1) L, 1(XXL)

nice badges, etc. it appears you might know a lot about the SC, there is a thread from Nov. 2 Are the Targas and Turbos Carreras? , that developed into a discussion on what does SC stand for? I've seen a few references that SC = Super Carrera, however I've seen Porsche back in the day (70's-80's) would not confirm that Can you shed light on this discussion?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:41 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by grgallo
nice badges, etc. it appears you might know a lot about the SC, there is a thread from Nov. 2 Are the Targas and Turbos Carreras? , that developed into a discussion on what does SC stand for? I've seen a few references that SC = Super Carrera, however I've seen Porsche back in the day (70's-80's) would not confirm that Can you shed light on this discussion?
lol don't go there Shane, you may never come back ...
Old 02-16-2018, 10:28 AM
kevinp74
3rd Gear

Hey Shane, I just placed an order via the website. Thanks!

Last edited by kevinp74; 02-18-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Corrected
Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 AM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 09mageec

-Cam
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...hahahaaaa.html

It's like Seinfeld... it's a plot about nothing.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Yankee911Guy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the originator of the plot is still around on here? There are early grumblings of a splinter cell meet up in Indianapolis, IN in the summer of 2020.

I would love to get an official OK to use this official, unofficial original plot name. Round 5 (6?) of shirts, stickers and lid badges??

Quick Reply: SCWDP badges - a new crop