Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Momo wheel - horn fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 07:50 PM
realtime
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Momo wheel - horn fix?

The horn on my '87 stopped working. I checked the relay and its OK and I didnt find any other fuse listed for the horn. Im thinking the switch might be bad -
Can anyone tell me how to get to the horn switch in a 13.5" Momo steering wheel that has a 1.5" center plastic horn disk with a Pcar crest on it?
Any other suggestions as to the culprit? - Is there a fuse for the horn in addition to the relay?

TIA for any help-
Dan
Old 06-03-2002, 08:29 PM
pbs911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It just pulls off the steering wheel. No nuts, no bolts. There is just a small metal piece that applies pressure to the steering wheel inner area to hold it on.

You may want to check the connections at the horns themselves and the fuses.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:38 AM
Carmen
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem recently: suddenly the horn stopped working with my momo.

The culprit in my case was that the wire connecting the horn button to the lead going to the horn itself had become disconnected. The wire that came with the wheel was only barely long enough to connect the horn button to the lead, with little to no extra wire. I suspect sometime when making some fun corners I applied too much tension on the horn button wire and it became disconnected.

I just reattached it and it suddenly started working again. (imagine that - a 10 second fix!) This weekend I will replace/splice the short wire with a longer section to reduce the tension placed on the wire when steering wheel is being turned.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
I think I have to take the steering wheel off to remove the horn button. I had a problem with the horn working when I installed it. It was just an issue with the electrical contact. It worked after took the horn button off and put it back on once or twice.

Quick Reply: Momo wheel - horn fix?