Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

was rear ended (car) the other day

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 12:15 AM
jackal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post was rear ended (car) the other day

was wondering if anyone had any recomendations to a body shop in Orange county, i was at a stop light and some stupid lady hit me at approximately 25 mph, she did not even hit her brakes, man i was frustrated....

any ways there appears to be no visible damage, but im sure the bumber isolaters/absorbers need to be replaced and the botton valence looks like it was thrashed also...

anyone w/any experience with this type of impact on the carrera?

looking for a good bodyshop if anyone can recommend one. im in california Orange County

i was considering Einmalig or Anziano's since they both came up on the search on yahoo and i see they have an ad in Excellence

thanxs guys

88carrera
Old 01-08-2002, 01:23 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I live in Oregon so I can;t recommned a body shop. I was rear ended in the spring and what looked like a minor bit of damage to my '67 912 turned out to be a Total!!! Be sure the shop puts in some time to check/straignten the frame and get a good look underneath to see if any of the structural stuff is cracked or twisted.

Good luck.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Sean Hamilton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same happened to mine, pre-purchase! and like-wise no visible sign of fractures or structural damage. Just impact compression of the bumper and a wonky valance. As a panel beater I'm better at my day job, but after getting the bumper off it was a simple task to pack-out the compressed shock absorbers and insert longer thread bolts to re-fit the bumper. I straightened the valence by hand and eye slowly from edges inwards to avoid fracturing the duco. I dunno, it took maybe an hour or two, max.
I think the US delivered Porsche come with telescopic impact absorbers? Maybe when you've loosened everything it will spring back? The Aussie delivered Porsche come with deformable impact absorbers and once compressed that's it - they stay that way!
Cheers,
Sean.
80 SC Targa
Old 01-08-2002, 12:34 PM
pbs911
Instructor

You can't go wrong with Einmalig. I have not used them personally, but I have seen their operation and have heard only good things.

25mph and no visible damage! That is really incredible. A newer car in a 25 mile an hour rear end colission would have probably caused $5K wourth of damage. Just more testimony to just how well P-cars are built. I'm glad to hear no one was injured. You should probably go to a doctor just in case. You never know.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:13 PM
jackal
Intermediate

yeah, i was really surprised that there was no visible damage. That lady had a Van and thought traffic was moving,i was at a complete stop.

i had my accura rear-ended while it was parked. and the bumper was pushed way in....that cost 1600.00 to repair and that impact was maybe 5mph?...

have an appt. w/ anzianos anybody heard of them?...
Old 01-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Mrdi
Advanced

Call Andial in Santa Ana and see who they recommend.there are a number of Porsche body shops in the industrial area in Costa Mesa. What part of OC? Also post on Pelican, there are quite a few locals who post there.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:09 AM
jackal
Intermediate

hey MRdi,
i live in cypress. right by the naval golf course. was thinking of checking out Anzianos bad boys http://www.anzianos.com/

man these conversion are not cheap!!

but they seem to do a pretty good job on body work, so i guess they would do a decent job w/ my car

Quick Reply: was rear ended (car) the other day