Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Electric mirror problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Grambo
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Electric mirror problem

I have a 911SC Targa '80. First Porsche.
The electric side mirror on the drivers side(left)
moves fine, however, when I move the toggle switch to the right the passenger side mirror does not move. Any suggestions please?
Old 06-04-2002, 01:04 AM
StanV
Instructor

The problem likely lies in the toggle switch; mine did the same thing. For a while, if I just pressed the toggle firmly to the right while adjusting, it worked fine. When that no longer helped, I pulled the switch, disconnected the wires after carefully noting where they went, and sprayed some cleaner (can't remember what kind, I buy stuff from my local guitar tech, he uses it for cleaning old potentiometers ) wherever I found a crack, and reinstalled. Works great. Of course, this is a US $ 10-15 part, so those who don't have to pay huge exchange rates, customs brokerage fees, etc. might just elect to replace the thing and be done

If the above cheap fix doesn't do it, you'll need to check the continuity of the wires to the right-hand mirror, and if they're OK you probably require a new mirror motor...over $200.

Stan
Old 06-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Grambo
8th Gear

Thanks for the reply Stan, I will try and clean up the connections. I dont have a Guitar tech tho,
I'm Just an amateur.( Rickenbacker 330 B/W.)
Old 06-07-2002, 02:43 AM
Safety Car
5th Gear

Thumbs down

My 02 TT has a similar problem , but not exactly the same. I found the adjustment of the mirror (especially the passenger side)is very limited, this seems very abnormal. I am going to take the car back to service centre to see what is problem.

Quick Reply: Electric mirror problem