Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 storage question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 AM
JonH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read a good article from Hagerty's (insurance) newsletter that explains the best way to keep out mice is a barrier of moth ***** a couple inches apart around the entire car. Even in a newer garage me and my neighbor have had mice problems and I was always curious if the moth ***** really worked. His C5 corvette had a nest under the manifold that cost him a flatbed to the dealer last year. Just thought I'd share.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonh
I just read a good article from Hagerty's (insurance) newsletter that explains the best way to keep out mice is a barrier of moth ***** a couple inches apart around the entire car. Even in a newer garage me and my neighbor have had mice problems and I was always curious if the moth ***** really worked. His C5 corvette had a nest under the manifold that cost him a flatbed to the dealer last year. Just thought I'd share.
Interesting. I have had mice living in my RX-7 engine bay before. Fortunately, our nanny drove through one of the garage doors this summer while learning how to drive so we got new garage doors that seal really well to the ground and have weather stripping all the way around. I hpe this keeps the mice out. I have kids and am worried about them picking up the moth ***** but that sounds like a good idea. I guess another one would be mouse traps if kids are an issue.

I put my cover over the exhaust pipe, but that won't stop them from getting in the engine bay and chewing on my wires and hoses.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,099 Likes on 784 Posts

Sounds pretty tribal to me :-)

The circle of protection.... I can just imagine Spongebob and Patrick sitting inside the circle knowing it will keep monsters out ..
Old 11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
JonH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Sounds pretty tribal to me :-)

The circle of protection.... I can just imagine Spongebob and Patrick sitting inside the circle knowing it will keep monsters out ..

I present option B: a guard cat...

Last edited by JonH; 06-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,099 Likes on 784 Posts

That's one cat you don't wanna mess with

Quick Reply: 911 storage question