seat rails for '72 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 04:38 PM
tyler
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post seat rails for '72 911

Hello,
any one out there had any experience mounting Sparcos in a 1972 T....any hints, do's or do not's

thanks
tyler
Old 08-24-2001, 12:44 AM
ricks72t
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Tyler,
Just recently completed installing a set of Sparco Evos in my 72T. You will need a couple of parts. Did you purchase the Sparco sliders and seat mounting brackets (the ones that bolt on to the seat sides)? If you did, then the only mounting piece you need to buy/fabricate is the adapter that allows a narrower seat to be mounted in the wider 72 seat rail width. You'll have to mount the seat to the side mounting kit, the side mounting kit to the sliders. Once the sliders are mounted you can place the seat assembly onto the adapters. This lets you mark the mounting holes for drilling. Once this is done the next problem is the seat belt anchor mounting positions for the inboard and outboard locations. In the 72 the seat belts are mounted to the seats, as you've proably discovered. Some have drilled holes into the pan and placed heavy steel backing plates under the pan to support the new mounting bolts. Others have mounted the belt mounts to the seat adapters. I elected, until I do a full body strip and repaint, to mount the belts to the seat adapters. I purchased four sets of child seat tether anchors that I sandwiched between the slider and the adapter plate using some strong Grade 8 bolts. The adapter plate should be at least 1/8" in thickness and the bolts used should be the best you can find. I don't know if this is sturdy enough but it was the best I could come up with, without welding mounting locations.

Feel free to email me directly if you need more info or pictures.

Rick

Quick Reply: seat rails for '72 911