Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tapered Reamer

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 05:21 PM
Michael Van de Kamp
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tapered Reamer

I am installing a fuel check valve on my 77 911. I know I need a tapered reamer to enlarge the banjo fitting for the new valve. My problem is that I have been unable to locate one here in Green Bay, WI. Do you have any idea where I might obtain one in WI. or via mail order? Vertex does not carry. Your help is most appreciated.

Mike
Old 08-20-2001, 05:33 PM
Howard
Racer

Taper reamers are normally sold by tool supply houses such as SPI, Marshall Tool and Supply and others. It's possible Sears may have one, or Home Depot. If not try the phone book for a local store that carries end mills
and related machine shop supplies.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:31 PM
George 86T
Advanced

Mike--why not just take the fittings down to a machine shop. They should have a set of reamers and it'd save you from purchasing a 'one time' tool.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:57 PM
Michael Van de Kamp
6th Gear

Thanks for the suggestions. I found the tool at Grainger and ordered it. It is only about a $10 tool so not a big investment. As far as taking the fitting to a machine shop, I'd hate to have to remove the fuel line from the fuel pump to the the engine compartment if I didn't have to. Maybe...if I had a hoist rather than ramps....... Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike

Quick Reply: Tapered Reamer