Lightening up the coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:25 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Lightening up the coupe

I am considering removal of the rear seats and carpet, to be replace with the, I think it's the club sport or the RS that just had thin ozite style carpet, without any seats. Any ideas on the subject and any ideas on where to locate the replacement carpet?
Old 05-08-2003, 02:13 AM
Fahrvergnuugen
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My car is like this... it has the RS carpet set and door panels. Click on the link in my signature, you'll have to browse through the photos, but you'll find the interior shots of my '82.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Club Sport 911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run the UK Porsche Club GB Club Sport Register, and own one of these lightweight cars myself. The lightweight carpet is easily available in original Porsche weave and colours from a UK co. called SOUTHBOUND trimmers. If you need more information then call Dave Nunn here:-
Southbound Motor Trimmers
Little Dean Yard, London Rd
Stockbridge Hampshire
SO20 6EL

Tel: 01264 810080

Rgds

STEVE
Old 05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
d230
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleder - I deal with a company called appbiz. They make the RS carpet kit and door panels for a lot less than retail. I suggest you talk to Bob. He's a good guy, though he'll talk for days about carpet and door panels.

He's very much into finding out what you plan to do with your car, i.e. race or street drive, and offers his selection of carpet with that (and color, of course) in mind.

His stuff is very high quality. Here's his website link : appbiz.com.

They're located in Lomita, Ca.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:16 PM
MikeF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know what car you have but if it's a Carrera, those big rubber bumper pads hanging off the end of your tail weigh 7 lbs. each! Took mine off last weekend and shaved 14 pounds from the best possible place on the car to lose weight. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Lightening up the coupe