Any Recommendation on 2.4L engine build

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Erik @ Carquip
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Recommendation on 2.4L engine build

Hi there everyone,

I was curious if you would all share your experience and wisdom, in regard to a 2.4 L engine that I am going to build for my 69 T.

Is there anything that I should do to make this engine more fun, or more durable? I think that I am going to be using E cams, but that is not for sure yet.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks for sharing.

Erik Johnson
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

To give you any input I think we need more info, when you say "fun" what does that mean for you? is this going to be a daily driver or something that will see the track occasionally? Are you rebuilding a donor 2.4? or upgrading the orignial motor? Also something to consider is the originality of the car, these early cars are getting more rare (pricey) and if it is a clean car you might want to think about it.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 2.7, E-cam, PMO, etc

My engine is very doable for handling street and highway traffic. I even pull better than a 3.2 but that's partly due to their tranny gearing. I can't confirm that cam on a smaller engine that would be producing less torque.

I rode in a 2.4s, MFI that was snappy and quick. I was supprised at the MFI accelerating so sharply at such a wide rpm load. No way I could adjust acceleration pump flows to match that.

So if I had to do a 2.4 I'd do S-cams and MFI, otherwise I'd build a 3.4

Quick Reply: Any Recommendation on 2.4L engine build