Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

race seat mounting options to retain fore/aft sliding??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default race seat mounting options to retain fore/aft sliding??

I'm ready to buy seats for DE events.
I need to retain the ability to move the seat fore and aft on rails. But I'm confused on the various options to achieve this.

Do I have to buy bottom mount seats so I can install them on the OE seat rails? Or are there other ways to do it?

I'd appreciate any advice. I was looking at a pair of Sparco Evo but they are side mount only so I assume they won't work. Advice on seat selection is greatly welcome.

My criteria:
1) will use harness for DE but must be compatible with 3-pt OE seat belts for street driving
2) must be able to move forward/backward on sliders
3) max price $800 per seat

I just completed my second DE at Mid Ohio and I'm hooked and ready to spend money I can't afford to spend but have decided that I can't afford not to!

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Post this in the racing forum as well.

I can't help you as I have Kirkey fixed mounts.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
I'm ready to buy seats for DE events.
I need to retain the ability to move the seat fore and aft on rails. But I'm confused on the various options to achieve this.

Do I have to buy bottom mount seats so I can install them on the OE seat rails? Or are there other ways to do it?

I'd appreciate any advice. I was looking at a pair of Sparco Evo but they are side mount only so I assume they won't work. Advice on seat selection is greatly welcome.

My criteria:
1) will use harness for DE but must be compatible with 3-pt OE seat belts for street driving
2) must be able to move forward/backward on sliders
3) max price $800 per seat

I just completed my second DE at Mid Ohio and I'm hooked and ready to spend money I can't afford to spend but have decided that I can't afford not to!

Thanks.
Shannon,

No problemo, Sir.

Side-mounted race seats can be mounted to either stock sliders or something like the Recaro ones to allow full travel.

I am a Recaro Dealer and we do these all the time,....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Summit seats and didn't need the $80 brackets. However, I would like to mount them a bit lower in the car if that's possible without removing the Porsche floor brackets.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
BlackPearl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Shannon,

No problemo, Sir.

Side-mounted race seats can be mounted to either stock sliders or something like the Recaro ones to allow full travel.

I am a Recaro Dealer and we do these all the time,....
+1. There are several rail-mount packages offered by different seat mfgr.'s. I had no problem with my Recaro Speed seats in an '83 SC. Easy bolt-on application for about $95.00 per seat. Full slide capability on both sides. 3-point and 5-point harness compatable. Comfy for long-haul trips.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I used Brey-Krause side mounts with Sparco seats and sliders. It all fits well and you can slide the seats back and forth with no problems. If you need to keep the stock belts B-K makes some products to help with that.

Quick Reply: race seat mounting options to retain fore/aft sliding??