Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My Experiences with Harvey Weidman of Weidman's Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 03:36 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a so-so experience with them a few years ago. I sent the Fuchs from my '87 to be refinished. Apparently, I sent them during a very busy time of the year and it took a few months to get them back. When I received them, they were not my original wheels. Spoke with Harvey and he said there was an issue with the anodizing process on one of my original wheels and instead of redoing them all to make sure the anodizing was exactly the same, he sent me a set of wheels that he had been saving for his own car. The wheels are beautiful and have held up great. No issues with the final product, but if I hadn't checked the date stamps, I would have never known they weren't the wheels I had sent. Again, great product and super happy with the wheels. Just adding more data.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:57 PM
Radford
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Weidman Wheels

Mid-September the Bear fire spread to Oroville and destroyed the home of Harvey and Sue Weidman, as well as the neighboring homes of Harvey's brother Al, and his brother-in-law Robbie. The sheer destruction is staggering and we'd like to help the Weidmans as much as we can.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvey-an...=copy_link_all
Old 12-17-2020, 11:35 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,100 Likes on 785 Posts

yeah there was a post on rennlist a while back
Old 12-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Radford
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
yeah there was a post on rennlist a while back
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I just saw the GoFundMe on another site.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:16 PM
Auch Schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with Harvey today... he sounds great... keeping busy and staying positive.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:42 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,354 Likes on 1,470 Posts

He won’t call me back. I’ve spoken to who I believe is his wife, 3x in the last couple months & still haven’t gotten a call back. Business must be good.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Just happened upon this thread. Perhaps as an alternative, I would recommend Dave Waltermyer - owner of Renewed Finishes. He's located in eastern PA. Does amazing quality wheel work, and also other items such as rebuilding and refinishing brake calipers.

He refinished a set of HRE C20 3-piece wheels for me earlier this year - which were in fairly bad condition (photos below.) His prices are very reasonable (cost me 1/3 what HRE wanted for this work.)

(I have no affiliation with him or his company).

Renewed Finishes (on Facebook and Instagram.)

http://www.renewedfinishes.com

HRE C20's - 19x9 fronts and 19x12 rears. Original finish - black matte power coated centers. Polished uncoated rims. Wheels are approximately 10 years old in this photo.

Rebuild and refinish process completed. Wheels were trued. Disassembled, stripped. Centers were brush finished. Bolt pockets media blasted. Gloss clear powder coated. Barrels powder coated silver. Original titanium hardware polished. Rims re-polished. Properly reassembled and resealed.

Last edited by Ironman88; 11-19-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:01 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,100 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Just happened upon this thread. Perhaps as an alternative, I would recommend Dave Waltermyer - owner of Renewed Finishes. He's located in eastern PA. Does amazing quality wheel work, and also other items such as rebuilding and refinishing brake calipers.

He refinished a set of HRE C20 3-piece wheels for me earlier this year - which were in fairly bad condition (photos below.) His prices are very reasonable (cost me 1/3 what HRE wanted for this work.)

(I have no affiliation with him or his company).

Renewed Finishes (on Facebook and Instagram.)

http://www.renewedfinishes.com

HRE C20's - 19x9 fronts and 19x12 rears. Original finish - black matte power coated centers. Polished uncoated rims. Wheels are approximately 10 years old in this photo.

Rebuild and refinish process completed. Wheels were trued. Disassembled, stripped. Centers were brush finished. Bolt pockets media blasted. Gloss clear powder coated. Barrels powder coated silver. Original titanium hardware polished. Rims re-polished. Properly reassembled and resealed.
always good to have a secondary supplier.. it is actually driving distance for me.

Quick Reply: My Experiences with Harvey Weidman of Weidman's Wheels