Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

AirCooledTechnologies engines - anyone tried them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb AirCooledTechnologies engines - anyone tried them?

I just listened to 3 hrs of Air Cooled Technology podcasts while driving to Athens, GA.

Those guys just happen to be based here in Athens, and they say that they build type 4 replacement engines for 912's that can put out around 250 hp! They also build 911 engines and I can't wait to hear those dyno results.

Tomorrow I hope to find time to stop by their shop before I rush to Atlanta to catch a plane to a meeting in Florida.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
bourgeois911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting site... the guy seems pretty much upfront with what they provide, how long it will take and what kind of warranty they provide (none). Awesome veedub stuff if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
sobamaflyer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raby is generally very well regarded in the V-Dub circles, I talked to him at length some years ago about a new motor for my Ghia and was very impressed with him.

You might post this on the 914 forum and/or check out Shoptalkforums.com in the Type-4rum to do a little more research on this company.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
kstier
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he is also sought after in the speedster and syder replica world from some reading I have done on their forums in the past...a lot of options and power levels available if you can wait for a looong time for delivery...
Old 10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Arrow

will ask him about 911 work if he returns my call... will let you know...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

very nice, straight-forward guy - a talented tuner / developer... empiricist / seat-of-the-pants approach w/ an analytical mind. met him at a Tn Tubs symposia in Nashville, along w/ Charles Navarro - seems they do some co-development & testing. (to me) his highest value is in Type 1 & 4 motors as drop-ins for 356/912s (or kits) where one wants (relatively) "cost-effective & reliable" hi-perf motor for street & track, while saving their stock, numbers matching motor for originality / investment / spare.

a 550 kit w/ a reliable 165hp motor would be kinda fun.

Quick Reply: AirCooledTechnologies engines - anyone tried them?