'73 911

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
drfeelgd777@aol.com
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '73 911

Thanks for the advice....getting PPI in Pittsburgh area

Last edited by drfeelgd777@aol.com; 10-15-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: obtaining PPI as suggested
Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just so that you know, the inherent value of the car has been completely destroyed by the mods that have been done. That's not to say that the car doesn't have value, but what that value might be will only be established when someone writes a check for the car.

Regarding problems, what engine and trans are in the car? What induction system? Are there repair records for the engine, transmission and clutch?

Even with our input this car must have a PPI done at a qualified shop...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

As Pete said, its now far from a '73 911,...

Custom-configured cars such as this must be judged and evaluated on their own merits and the quality of the execution, more than simply the sum of the parts.

I see LOTS of missing details about the car and I'd need the whole list of specifics before I could comment.

That PPI is really mandatory but it must be done by a shop that is well experienced with modified cars. I've seen soooooo many bad (incomplete) PPI's lately.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I'll address the other issue here.....there is no way you can come on a forum such as this and post 1 paragraph asking what you need to know about a particular Porsche 911. A car such as this, and now one that is modified, demands a bit more prep on your part. That's not to say they are too complex, but they do warrant some study.

So, learn the search button's function, and then consider going onto Amazon or such and buying a book such as Pete's (see two posts up) or one of the others, and learn the idiosyncracies and other information on the car we all love so much.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Post a picture of the car as well...

- Is the car a 911 T, E, or S ?

- You list a lot of mods.. is the car still a long hood or did somone try a late style turbo clone or something?

- Uhhh, did you check the pan, door jambs, rockers etc.. for rust or signs of repair?

In any case as the others have said.. you would want to get a thourough PPI.

Quick Reply: '73 911