"Money shift" and many questions about what I may of broke

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Injectors -
I was running 48# Accels on my blower car, FWIW. Tuning can be done, but the engine management system needs to be sophisticated enough to do the fine tuning (ie, you need to have the memory / chip to accomodate a lot of fine-controls). Early Motronic wouldn't be up for it, I wouldn't think, later 80's would be better, a standalone system like a Tec-3, etc would be best. Something you could fine tune with a laptop would be ideal, as you'd likely find you'd want a few programs for each season's temps, etc.

Nice hit though. Glad it looks like only a "small" hit & the heads are good.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to contact Todd Knighton of Protomotive for advice. He is very helpful. Just google Protomotive for contact info. He has been very helpful to me with my Protomotve engine.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 84_Carrera
Injectors -
Tuning can be done, but the engine management system needs to be sophisticated enough to do the fine tuning (ie, you need to have the memory / chip to accomodate a lot of fine-controls). Early Motronic wouldn't be up for it,
Yepper, thats my problem - old engine management.

Originally Posted by sinfulsteve
You may want to contact Todd Knighton of Protomotive for advice. He is very helpful. Just google Protomotive for contact info. He has been very helpful to me with my Protomotve engine.
Yes, Todd burned the latest chip for my car when my friend owned it. I believe the whole engine/turbo was built by them.

Quick Reply: "Money shift" and many questions about what I may of broke