Ventura German Auto Fest

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Flieger
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ventura German Auto Fest

Hello,

This is my first post here but I am on Pelican and the Early 911S Registry. My name is Max Sluiter and I have a 1971 911S which has been gutted for Auto-X but now lives on the street due to a change in the local PCA's character and venues.(long story) It is all fiberglass bodied and has an IROC nose and rear bumper. It has a ducktail and is GP White. The motor is a 2.7 RS spec MFI. I have a roll cage and Lexan windows. The suspension and brakes are all factory 911S for now. Tires are Yokohama Advan A048 R-comps. It is a lot of fun through the southern california coastal canyons.

If you want more info or photos, see the August 2008 issue of Excellence magazine.

I am helping to organize a major Porsche show in Southern
California. This is a vendor expo, swap meet, car show, and more. Cars, parts, and
literature/memorabilia are for sale. There will also be guest technical speakers
including Tony Adamowicz, 1968 Trans Am 2 liter Champion in a Porsche 911. The featured model is the early 911.

This is a Porsche-only show at beautiful Seaside Park in Ventura, California on
September 13 and 14.

Please consider registering your car in the show or using a swap meet space. There will be
many Porsche enthusiasts interested in your products. One of the clubs in attendance
will be the Porsche Owners Club, dedicated to racing their Porsches and
improving their driving skills from the entry level to the semi-pro racer.

If you would like more information, please contact me at maxsluiter@earthlink.net. You can see the poster at www.german-autofest.com.

Thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy the show and tell your friends

Regards,

Max Sluiter

maxsluiter@earthlink.net
Old 08-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Flieger
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can I get the word out to as many people as possible who may enjoy the show? Is there a general calendar here?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Max,

Post your note at all the Rennlist forums and that will get the word out in this community.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Free bump....

I'm going to try and drive up for this early Saturday morning. I've booked a room at the Marriott that night under Early S' deal as a contingency. I'll most likely drive back home Sunday morning and miss the swap meet.

I guess I'll have to take my Targa top for the lockup of the car that night, but I hate to fold it, as it hasn't been folded since I recovered it. Heaven forbid that I drive to and fro in SoCal September weather with it on!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Max,--suggest you also get the attention of the SB News-press for running a brief article there. Contact me through the region and I can get you in contact with them. We can talk at the up-coming breakfast.

Quick Reply: Ventura German Auto Fest