I really hate people who wants to drive with me

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I really hate people who wants to drive with me

...And here comes the rant...

I know a guy (lets call him 'X') who lives very close to me in a apartment, and he have been asking me for 'I don't know how long time' if he could drive with me to work every day now we lived that close. First of all, I really hate when I have to drive people around, and especially in my car. The don't treat the car the same way as I would, they like to yell out the window and wave when they see someone the think they know. Second of all, 'X' was aksing me if he could drive with me to work every morning. I really hate when my mornings are interupted by other people, and I told him that I couldn't arrange it so I could pick him up every morning, because I don't drive the same time every day. Then he offered to come over at my place every morning and wait until I was ready; and I certainly don't want any people in my apartment early every morning, so I just told him that he could forget everything about it. How rude just to invite himself over every morning, don't you think so, huh?

Now and then I do give him a ride home, but I am not happy about this. I have sports seats in my car, and he can't understand to got into the car probably. Every time he goes into the car, he starts to place his butt at the seats corner, and then slide down; something I can start to see at the seats because the black color is gone now. Really hate that!...

Most of the times when 'X' ask if he can get a ride home, I just tell him that I am busy and have some other plans before I drive home. But when I give a another person a ride 'X' begin to be so unbelievable jealous. For instance, a friend of mine asked if I could drive her home today, I thought why not and said yes. The rest of the day I had to hear 'X' telling me that the only reason why I was going to drive her home was because she was a female and 'X' was not. When the day was over and I was ready to drive my friend home, 'X' comes by the parking space, and begin to tell me about a 'lady' friend he knows who thinks I am ugly. Alright, I answered 'OK', like I care? It really seems like he is so jealous at me and my succes.

Anyway, I really like to say to this guy, 'X', that he can forget anything about a ride home from work from now and then, and just ban him from being in my car. But I can't be just as rude as he is, and second of all, I have to face this guy every day so it would probably not be so smart to **** him of.

Have anyone experienced anything similar, or does anyone have any suggestions to how I can get back at 'X', and maybe ban him from my car?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow. I don't even know where to begin, a lot of thoughts going through my mind right now. I will try to be as nice as I can, hopefully you can accept criticism.

1) You sound like a 15yr old girl complaining. Drama.......

2) It's called car pooling, everyone has done it and everyone has had bad experiences with it. I do feel your pain there but it's nice to help people out sometimes. Good for you on giving him the occasional rides.

3) From your other posts you seem to put a lot of value in your cars, I think you forget sometimes that they are just piles of plastic and metal intended to drive people around. You may want to take a step back and look at your priorities in life.

4) As for 'getting him back'. Why do you very clearly explain to him how he offends you and why you don't want to give him any more rides.

5) Have yourself a fantastic day/night!

-matt
Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to agree with Matt. My solution would be to tell him, hey, I am just not down with driving you around I am sorry, but I have to be straight with you. End it right then and there, you will feel bad for a little while, but you will get over it.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

In today's P.C. world, the simple act of just saying "NO" seems to be a lost art. As such, people are sometimes a little stunned when they hear it - but believe, it is just as effective as ever. And it can be served ala carte, without any sort of explanation.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
In today's P.C. world, the simple act of just saying "NO" seems to be a lost art. As such, people are sometimes a little stunned when they hear it - but believe, it is just as effective as ever. And it can be served ala carte, without any sort of explanation.
I agree the ala carte version can be difficult if you want to keep a friendship with that person (unfortunately), so If it were me I would say like this: "I appreciate the offer to carpool, however, I really enjoy the time in the car by myself before and after a busy day. If you have car trouble or get into a bind, please don't hesitate to give me a call if I can help you out with a ride that day."
Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
DARISC
Racer

Tell him that when you drive your car is the only time you can solitarily contemplate the origin of the universe...or your navel (though that may strike him as suspicious and dangerous, since you have to take your eyes off the road - I know I do).

If he doesn't accept that, run over him with your car.

Just kidding! Just knock him down with it a few times.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there again, and thanks for all the answers!...So I sound like a 15 year old girl? Don't worry, I can accecpt criticism and I am glad to hear you opinion.

I agree on the ala carte, it can be difficult, but probably also the best solution. But I think it would be easier to use the 'NO' if I were driving my P-car currently. My daily driver is a BMW, also a special car if you ask me, but I don't think the 'NO' will give the same effect here

Originally Posted by JRossRSA
...If it were me I would say like this: "I appreciate the offer to carpool, however, I really enjoy the time in the car by myself before and after a busy day. If you have car trouble or get into a bind, please don't hesitate to give me a call if I can help you out with a ride that day."
Agree, think I will try this one. Thank you a lot!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the 15yo old comment...I felt like I was on a teenage site or something. How about this..."I like my time alone in the morning and driving home....so, I am sorry but I cant commute with you". Now, is that so hard....???
abe
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

What is this? The 997 forum?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
What is this? The 997 forum?
Funny as hell.....

Doyle
Old 08-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Rico
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Mr. "X" was probably hurt because you didnt officially break up with him before moving on to the female.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by old man neri
Wow. I don't even know where to begin, a lot of thoughts going through my mind right now. I will try to be as nice as I can, hopefully you can accept criticism.

1) You sound like a 15yr old girl complaining. Drama.......

3) From your other posts you seem to put a lot of value in your cars, I think you forget sometimes that they are just piles of plastic and metal intended to drive people around. You may want to take a step back and look at your priorities in life.

-matt
My thoughts exactly. Cars are meant to be driven and used. Wear and tear is part of the game. If you can't take the fact that things will get worn and need replacing...park it and cover it up. Porsche designed and engineered these cars so owners can get full driving enjoyment out of it....
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
red67
Racer

hey man, tomorrow, go over and apologize to him, be honest and open and offer him your hand and a lift home and smile. you'll feel good for doing a nice thing for someone less car-fortunate than yourself and particularly someone your not entirely fond of. life's too short! enjoy it with a smile each day, a warm heart, and worn seat and the world will smile back at you my friend...

...then run the f##ker over as darisc quite rightly said
(just joking - be nice)
Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

:lol: OMG, this is funny :lol:

Originally Posted by Rico
Mr. "X" was probably hurt because you didnt officially break up with him before moving on to the female.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JRossRSA
I agree the ala carte version can be difficult if you want to keep a friendship with that person (unfortunately), so If it were me I would say like this: "I appreciate the offer to carpool, however, I really enjoy the time in the car by myself before and after a busy day. If you have car trouble or get into a bind, please don't hesitate to give me a call if I can help you out with a ride that day."
Great advice and grammatically correct to boot!

Quick Reply: I really hate people who wants to drive with me