Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carrera oil leak question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 01:26 AM
MarkY
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Carrera oil leak question

I have a 1988 Carrera with 22k miles. I've owned the car for 8 months, use it for a pleasure vehicle, and fortunately haven't had a single problem.

About a month ago I took the car out for a drive and noticed a few drops of oil on my garage floor. I looked under the car and couldn't find the source of the leak despite my engine being very clean underneath.

I didn't notice this again until 4 days ago when I moved my car after it was parked at my brother's for about a week. I drove home from my brother's (about 6 miles) and parked the car until this evening. Again I saw a few drops of oil.

This time I was able to see where the oil was coming from. It is coming from the front of the engine on the driver's side. It looks like it might be coming from where the head meets the engine block. It does not look like its coming from the valve cover. There is no smoke of any kind.

Any thoughts on why I would of seen this a month ago, and then not again until now? Also, what are your thoughts on what the leak might be? Serious, big bucks?

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Carrera oil leak question