Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Indicators and gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
porsche4us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicators and gauges

So our '87 3.2 is equipped with a CASIS system and I'm wondering if anyone heads to that stupid little light. To me the light comes on far to early in the rev range. If I shifted up when it tells me to it feels like I'm lugging it. Am I right to ignore it? Secondly, I'm not quite so sure how the oil tank level gauge is supposed to operate. When I'm driving is it okay for it to be in the red? It is in the middle range when stopped and idling. I'm wondering if there is a fix to the stupid warning buzzer when the car comes on. It is such an annoying sound? Is there anyway I can put a nicer sounding buzzer from a 964 or 993 in? The turn signal stalk if very brittle when I go to use it or cancel it. Can I lubricate the switch or do I have to take the stalk apart? I remember reading somewhere that it is a common fault for them to break. Cheers.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
JABSEA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '89 has the CASIS system and I ignore it and generally keep the car between 3-4k rpm (except when it's warm and I...). It comes on at the oddest times and isn't logical about what it is asking you to do.

The fix to the warning buzzer is to take it out. First time I took my car to John Walker's Workshop, John took it out without asking since it bugged him (just like it bugged me). My buzzer is currently in the glove box...

Quick Reply: Indicators and gauges