Sparco Rev Seat install questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Lefty's Deceiver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Post Sparco Rev Seat install questions

Hi everyone,

I'm putting a set of Sparco Revs in my '74 911. One thing I've noticed is that the original seat mounts are too wide for the seats. Also, even if you add spacers between the brackets and the seat I still have a problem with the sliders because there are two and they are joined in the middle of the seat by the slider adjustment handle. Of course this does not fit because the brackets are sitting too wide.

Has anyone had any experience fitting these? Any hints or tips to getting them in correctly?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you mean that when the rev sidemount brackets are on, there isn't enough span between the bolt holes on the bottom in relation to the mounts on the car itself? If that is the case and the seats are new, get them exchanged for EVO's. My EVO's fit perfectly, just like the previous Recaro SPG's I had in there. Both I mounted with the sidebrackets directly to the car. No sliders. But even with sliders, they were a perfect fit. Though a hair high. You can hard mount without sliders if you are of average height. Forget the drill bit. If it isn't possible to shim between the seats and side brackets, see if you can swap for EVO's. This brings an idea to mind. We should come up with a seat fitment guide so in the future people avoid pitfalls or drilling. Right now, I know that Recaro SPG and Sparco EVO are perfect fits. The pole position requires special side brackets and not the ones that come with the seat. Those can be obtained from Brey Krause or FVD. You have one last resort. That is to custom make the side brackets. By this I mean adding material on the horizontal part of the side mounts or making new ones. Not impossible. This WILL work and has been done plenty of times in the past. Also check with Brey Krause to see if they have anything. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Lefty's Deceiver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ed,

I bought the Revs used so no chance of going with the Evos. Anyway, I'm 5'9" and 165lbs so the Revs are perfect for me and I don't want to rattle around in the Evos! Also the Evos are higher by a few inches behind the head. The "wings" which support your shoulders are also wider. I'll think of something.

Lefty
Old 07-10-2003, 12:07 AM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lefty, what you have to do is to make your own custom side brackets. Either of aluminum or steel. Just look for a local fabricator. It is worth the trouble and should be fairly easy to do. All you need is a good size piece of thick enough sheetmetal to have good strength, put in a 90 degree bend, cut the vertical part to match the original sidbrackets and of course make the horizontal part that comes in contact with the sliders a little wider to match the span. I've seen it done many times. I've even seen standard Recaro sidebrackets lenthened to accomodate ultra tall guys. Try it. But again, don't forget to check out Brey Krause because they might just have sidebrackets for a REV-911 install.

Quick Reply: Sparco Rev Seat install questions