Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

4th of July in a good place to live-- USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:18 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th of July in a good place to live-- USA

Our calendar year is constructed January to January. I saw recently that early Egypt made time constructed upon the death of Alexander the Great. My wife and I look at the 4th and Christmas as our year markers. The 4th is on us again----------

So, Joy to the World, a constitution and Free Nation were born. Trials, tribulations, wars, depressions, Civil War, crimes against humans, and all kinds of problems have been over come and are being over come. And, a Nation that is the most sought after by the Worlds population to live in, is right here.

And you my P car companions reflect the intelligence and that tinkerism that is a large part of why we are who we are. Your ambition and determination to achieve is not espoused, but is understood.

I am proud of our country and I am proud of you who make us what we are.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
MDL
Racer

God Bless the USA!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:07 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MDL
God Bless the USA!
X2 !!

John
Old 07-05-2008, 02:40 PM
por012773
Intermediate

Well said jakeflyer! I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 234 Posts
Default Another reason we celebrate July 4th...

It was on 6 June 1944 when the free world worked together to free Europe of tyranny.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1215...ays_columnists

It was May 1944, and 22-year-old John Whitehead of Montclair, N.J., an ensign on the USS Thomas Jefferson, was placed in charge of five of the landing craft for the invasion of Europe. [snip]..

John went on to landings in Marseilles, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. After he came home, he went on to chair Goldman Sachs, work in Ronald Reagan's State Department, and head great organizations such as the International Rescue Committee. He is, in that beautiful old phrase, a public citizen.

But if you asked him today his greatest moment, he'd say that day on the beach, when he was alive and grateful for it. "At that moment, dead tired, soaked to the skin, I would not have wanted to be anywhere else in the world."

It is silly to think one generation is "better" than another. No one born in 1920 is, by virtue of that fact, better than someone born in 1960. But it is true that each era has a certain mood, certain assumptions—in John's era, sacrifice—and each generation distinguishes itself in time, or doesn't. John's did. He himself did. And what better day than today to say: Thanks, John.
Yes, thank you, John, and every single person that sacrificed and allowed us all to celebrate our freedom.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:09 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lost a lot of friends in Vietnam. I love the heck out of our country and will defend it again if needed. Semper Fi.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

Two of my son's school chums from 5th grade or so, are Marines in Iraq. One a sniper/personal guard, the other getting ground pounding background for a future officer. These kids do get it, and are a generation to be Very happy with. We tend to loose sight of our VAST ASSETS during our times of being tested--- Freedom being one of the most important, and the kids of each generation that keep it for us..

Quick Reply: 4th of July in a good place to live-- USA