Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Red Cabrio, Southbound I-71 Cincinnati rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Red Cabrio, Southbound I-71 Cincinnati rear ended

Saw a nice looking red 911 or 964 Cab soutbound on I-71 north of Cincinnati today around 4 pm. I was trying to catch up to get a better look but was having a tough time because of so many cars and the stop and go traffic. All of a sudden some guy in a Camry slams into the back of my car. Luckily I was driving the Boxster. Anyway, we were on the side of the highway and decided to cruise on down to the next exit and get off to call the police. As we headed down the highway I saw that the Cabrio that was ahead of me had been involved in a three car accident also, and HE had been rear ended by a pickup truck. In the mean time my cell phone is going off and my GF had just rear ended a car getting on the highway in Northern Kentucky and HER car is un-drivable! WTF?!? Crazy day. Anyway, was just wondering if the Cab driver was a rennlister...

So happy it wasn't the 993!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:03 AM
jwilson95
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron-

Wow, weird chain of events.

Looks only to be the bumper cap on the Boxster. Hopefully a quickie fix with no paintwork.

I'm always worried about the other people around me vs. my driving when in the Pcar.

Jeff
Old 07-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, I think you're right. Hopefully an easy fix. I saw him coming and tried to get off onto the left berm of the highway but didn't make it all the way. Seemed like a pretty stand up dude. Has full coverage through State Farm. The Cab driver didn't look like he got off so easy. Direct hit on the back end from a pick-up. Wish I could have grabbed a cell phone pic of it...

This will be a good opportunity for me to get the front bumper re-sprayed too. The rocks over the years have done a number on it!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 AM
jwilson95
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '02 986S and I took off the rear bumper to put an exhaust on. It literally takes about 10 minutes.

Good time to paint your bumperettes body color also. $50 upgrade and looks great. paintscratch.com has 12 oz spray cans in OEM colors. Get the clear coat too obviously.

He didn't even get your tail light!

Quick Reply: Red Cabrio, Southbound I-71 Cincinnati rear ended