Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Will a Targa soft window from the long hoods fit a short hood 911?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will a Targa soft window from the long hoods fit a short hood 911?

Just musing about a project that I think would be fun in the distant, distant future, backdating a 3.2 Carrera Targa with a soft window. I'm not sure if the dimensions of the Targa windows stayed the same from long hood to short hood 911s. I know there are companies making soft window kits. Would it need a complete custom window, or would the current kit "bolt in?" Might be issues with a different rear deck, too.

I'm a fan of the soft windows, and I almost bought one before I found my 1978 SC. I'm thinking, take a 3.2 Carrera Targa that needs paint and do a soft window, ducktail, and an early light non-metallic blue (pastel, Mexico, or arrow). Complete conversion to a long hood look is an option, but not necessary, I don't think... and of course, that would be much more $$$.

Brett
Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like a fascinating project! The guy that you want to talk to is Jim Schrager at jimschrager@compuserve.com. He's very familiar, through ownership, with soft windows and I'm sure that he'll enjoy speaking with you.

Quick Reply: Will a Targa soft window from the long hoods fit a short hood 911?